Monday, July 26, 2010

Prezi

Designing my own prezi was a lot of fun! The introduction video's were extremely effective and so was the 'notes' column that appears after the video.

The basics, (entering words, pictures etc), were easy to design, but I think there are a lot of other interesting tools that could be used...that I haven't discovered yet.
A prezi would be another effective visual tool to use in a classroom. It could be used from a prep classroom to a university lecture. The user has the option of changing colours, the the content can look child-like, colourful and fun or it can look formal, business-like and informative.

I believe prezi's would be a fantastic tool to use in any classroom.
However the teacher would need to be extremely comfortable and confident in using the program. The program's features would need to be 'second nature' to the teacher, as you wouldn't want to be fiddling around, muttering under your breath 'how do you do that again?' You would need to make sure you were fluent with prezi's before implementing them within a classroom.

Prezi's are almost half concept map, half power point; so it comes with all of their advantages.
  • brainstorming
  • organising thoughts, ideas and opinions
  • great assessment tool with older grades
  • used to show pictures and key points of a lesson, and
  • a fantastic visual aid to keep students engaged.

I cannot think of any negative issues that could be associated with a prezi. I think in younger classrooms only the teacher could operate the program. Unlike power point, once the information has been typed and showed there is no further 'moving' of the animations and because the program is online there shouldn't be any unnecessary 'break down' where it just stops working.

I look forward to furthering my knowledge of 'prezi' and hopefully I can use it successfully within my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment